Gannett - Rewarding projects, but in a very tumultuous atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

"Rewarding projects, but in a very tumultuous atmosphere"

Current Employee - Digital Designer
Current Employee - Digital Designer

I have been working at Gannett full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is currently in a state of technological Rennaissance. They have been very open and amenable to technology shifts and advancements, and their opportunities and projects all reflect that. This is commendable for an otherwise very conservative industry.

Cons

Limited security - our team was subjected to the whims of internal politics, little effort to connect the work of our satellite office to what headquarters was doing

Advice to Management

Change is okay as long as there is transparency, there were a lot of clandestine decisions that impacted our team that were not revealed until long after they affected us.

Other Employee Reviews for Gannett

"Constantly changing goals and directives"

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you do your job well within the company, it is a fairly secure position. Now that they have made so many cut backs,.the positions they have left are essential employees.

Cons

They are constantly revising their direction that they want to go. Instead of focusing on current products and making it good, they look for new products way too often and the core products get neglected. Even on core products, sometimes I think management make changes in order to justify their job.

Advice to Management

Stop getting distracted by the shiny object and tend to the business at hand. Get it right before you move on to something else.

"Look elsewhere"

Current Employee - GIADC
    Current Employee - GIADC

I have been working at Gannett full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on a resume.

Cons

Awful management and overall communication. My department is constantly treated like second class citizens. No respect whatsoever. Unrealistic expectations. No compensation for going above and beyond. Raises are unheard of. Awful hours. They fire people and then require mandatory overtime from those who stick around.

Advice to Management

Come to the realization that you need your employees more than they need you.