Gannett - In the beginning a wonderful company to work for employee centric, now... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gannett

"In the beginning a wonderful company to work for employee centric, now..."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People worked with and for. They kept up with technology as well as most. Benefits in the beginning made it a wonderful place to work. We all worked for one goal. Opportunity for advancement whether male or female.

Cons

They have lost all sense of company, loyalty and values as per employees and the work experience and customer service. Now just a company for the shareholders, by the shareholders and CEO's.

Advice to Management

Bring back the old company I loved and was proud to work for. The company that valued loyalty and longevity. Bring back the company that valued customer service. Bring back that local newspaper feel. The newspaper I was proud to have a hand in producing. That I said I did that, that is my work. It has been a very sad thing to watch and see. The years of a proud newspaper. Newspaper is NOT dead, but you are killing it as sure as rumor has. I am not naive enough to have realized that things had to be done to keep the recession from destroying our paper, but take the blinders off now. Work to rebuild that once proud company before it is to late. It is all about customer service from a local level. Local work.

Other Employee Reviews for Gannett

1. "Not very good at retaining employees"

I worked at Gannett full-time

Pros

The company has lots of resources and there is room for advancement because of the size of the company.

Cons

The company tends to focus very intently on cutting costs (fair enough), however it is at the expense of employees and their work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Don't be in such a bad mood all the time. If you're so unhappy working for the place, find a new job.

2. "Poor culture, poor pay"

Former Employee - Reporter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Reporter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Station has a good reputation in town, resources of gannett

Cons

Lots of cost cutting, terrible culture

Advice to Management

Focus on people, not money