Gannett - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Current Contractor - Senior Graphic Designer in Mc Lean, VA
Current Contractor - Senior Graphic Designer in Mc Lean, VA

I have been working at Gannett as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome clients and fun environment, Clients are all fortune five hundred companies, and the structure of employees work well.

Cons

Typical on such a big company to have a disconnect or some sort because of the scale of the operation but for a company like this size, it does work with very minimal problem.

Advice to Management

know your people.

Other Employee Reviews for Gannett

"Management is Horrible"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Gannett full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a definite opportunity to make a lot of money in the Sales Executive Role.
    The ability to share ideas across properties is a great benefit.

Cons

In my experience, few managers have had the skills and qualities needed to encourage and support sales staff. Apathy from managers has added greatly to a frustrated, burnt out, and negative environment.
    Company changed Health Care Benefits greatly in 2013 in response to ACA that really disadvantaged employees with families. This has also added to the extremely negative work environment and I am sure will spike turn-over.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even know where to start.

2. "In the beginning a wonderful company to work for employee centric, now..."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gannett full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People worked with and for. They kept up with technology as well as most. Benefits in the beginning made it a wonderful place to work. We all worked for one goal. Opportunity for advancement whether male or female.

Cons

They have lost all sense of company, loyalty and values as per employees and the work experience and customer service. Now just a company for the shareholders, by the shareholders and CEO's.

Advice to Management

Bring back the old company I loved and was proud to work for. The company that valued loyalty and longevity. Bring back the company that valued customer service. Bring back that local newspaper feel. The newspaper I was proud to have a hand in producing. That I said I did that, that is my work. It has been a very sad thing to watch and see. The years of a proud newspaper. Newspaper is NOT dead, but you are killing it as sure as rumor has. I am not naive enough to have realized that things had to be done to keep the recession from destroying our paper, but take the blinders off now. Work to rebuild that once proud company before it is to late. It is all about customer service from a local level. Local work.