1. "Great work environment"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Pulliam Fellow

I have been working at Gannett for less than a year

Pros

The company has a great support system for fellows and interns. I made great connections with my supervisor, colleagues and other fellows and interns. The programming for interns helped me feel like I was part of a community. I was able to get my questions answered and advice from anyone I spoke to in the company - everyone was willing and eager to help me. I was pleasantly surprised by the flexibility of my schedule and the mentorship I found from my supervisor and colleagues.

Cons

I think the communication across departments could be improved. I had some technical difficulties at the start of the fellowship and it took longer than expected to get the issues resolved. I also have had to go out of my way to introduce myself to people who are not a part of my team in the newsroom. If they were more accessible, I think there would be more collaboration that would benefit the entire newsroom. Knowing those outside my team would have helped me to know more about the leadership structure of the newsroom and know who best to contact for different issues.

1. "Great company, great people"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Obituary Writer in Neptune City, NJ

I worked at Gannett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were very nice and easy to get along with Office space was well-kept

Cons

At times can be a very stressful environment Work until 7 on Saturdays

2. "Great place to launch into sales"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Gannett full-time

Pros

Great leader (Martinelli) and great solutions

Cons

It's sales and it wasn't my thing. I had a lot of friends/coworkers that made great money there. Work hard and you'll earn!

Discover more reviews about Gannett.