Gap - Great work life balance... at a cost | Glassdoor

"Great work life balance... at a cost"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Real Estate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my boss, who empowers me to find interesting work while endorsing opportunities to implement great work life balance

Cons

CEO tempered bonsus' across the board- essentially benefiting underperforming workers at a fixed bonus to those that were high performing. The entire organization had a 3% bonus w/ no stock to elevate the bonus drop. Narrative was that bonuses would be reduced across the board..

Advice to Management

Do not cut cash bonuses after having promised them. Do not increase comps and bonuses to executive leadership immediately after communicating that all roles/levels would have a fixed bonus.

Gap2019-04-26
  1. "Great Experience at The Gap"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Gap part-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience with Gap was great! The management team at my location was focused on the people. What can you do for your customers or coworkers? How can we all have a happy, successful day? etc. There was very open communication and an all around easy enviroment to grow as a saleswoman.

Cons

The hours were hard to keep up with at times, but management was very understanding when I could not make it work. I just felt bad letting them down.

Gap2019-07-22
  2. "Nice experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Gap part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers and snacks/water in the break room

Cons

You're always pushed to sell gap cards

Gap2019-07-23

Discover more reviews about Gap.