Gap - Great for developing social skills and job experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Great for developing social skills and job experience"

I have been working at Gap part-time for more than a year

Pros

This company offers a great employee discount of 50% off everything. It also helped me build communication skills, sales skills, and patience. I meet all kinds of people from all divisions, whether it was race, gender, class while working here, so I have learned to work with anybody. The employees create a friendly environment as well with some exceptions.

Cons

The amount of hours you are scheduled to work for depends on the amount of money the store is making, so your schedule is always subject to change. However, you are noticed weeks in advance. Also, be aware that you will be prompted to meet a goal of selling a certain amount of Gap credit cards or reward memberships, which will be difficult if you’re not a cashier.

Gap2019-10-10
  1. "Inbound"

Former Employee - Inbound Shipping in Fresno, CA

I worked at Gap full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mega hours during season...10 to even 12. Hours the last 2 extra hours are voluntary. Inbound and shipping all guys. A few girls who do odd/lost boxes. If your a big guy. They’ll give you all the heavy trailers 100 pound jean boxes. and give trailers that are boxes full of air.. to the little guys.. all good till your on your 3rd trailer and your body screaming and they just keep giving you all the jacked up trailers on purpose... some body’s got to do it..lot of people work all the hours in season save all there cash then relax till next season.....most full times do this ...if your seasonal.. 6 months comes up they’ll give you a piece of paper to get unemployment..just like that...in season you can make easy ..over 1000 $..a week.i was getting extra pay from working in shipping...like $15.25 hour...all in all good place people are cool....numbers are easy ..stay away from outbound YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR NUMBERS...stick to picker or.inbound..just tell them at hiring interview event that’s what you want that’s your back round...don’t let them place you..you could end up any wear .. Free food from safety..good vending machine-lunches..12.5 free days.. no questions asked ..starting pay 13.75... can chew gum..hope this helped... I was there only 2 months I moved on to start medical school..would still be there.

Cons

Body can wear out, don’t over do it ..they won’t get mad at you..

Advice to Management

Management is awesome .. no complaints..do your job and they leave you alone.

Gap2019-11-14
  2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Gap part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay, positive work environment, managers who are friendly and willing to help you.

Cons

No notable cons I can think of

Gap2020-01-18

Discover more reviews about Gap.