Gap - Solid company with "on the fly" ability to react to the business to maintain share. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gap

"Solid company with "on the fly" ability to react to the business to maintain share."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gap full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very tenured leadership who have the recipe for success, even in a down economy. Community involvement is incredible. And the ability to work in the office or work a day from home is always welcomed.

Cons

Quality of life suffers during the worse downturns. Its expected, but tough sometimes. Growth into China may impact leadership's success of US if left unchecked.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward globally but don't forget to listen to manager level needs and desires to share talent elsewhere in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Gap

1. "Overlooked by Rule Benders"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Gap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Basically you fold clothes and are able to sometimes talk to your friends on the floor if it's not busy or if section isn't messed up. Nice 1 hour breaks and two 15 minute breaks per 8 hour shift. 'Grace Period' is an extra 3 minutes to be late, on 4th minute, you are late when you clock in.

Cons

Shift supervisors get away with little things that they shouldn't be doing like..Being passed down a task because of shift supervisor being lazy to figure things out for themselves. No appreciation for hardwork. I've been there a year and a half and no one tells me when i get a customer compliment unless a coworker friend heard about it. I ask to be given another section because i've been on this one section for about 3 months straight, and my request gets disregarded after a 'okay we got you covered.' Probably because I'm nice about it and don't get pissed off, which is getting me there.

Advice to Management

Be aware of the things going on around you.

2. "Awesome Holiday Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Gap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is simple and the deals are amazing. If you love the gap brand, become a team member!

Cons

The store is incredibly busy so if you are looking for a laid back work place, this is not it.

Advice to Management

Have new hires shadow an experienced team member.