Gartner - Sales Account Executive | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Sales Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company name, brand and reputation. No one offers our clients what we do. Our clients rely on us for their and their company success. Autonomy, sales oriented organization and I get to work with smart dynamic people internally and externally (my clients). I have a great boss and throughout my career at Gartner, I've had supportive managers.

Cons

No job is perfect and there are issues that just by nature that they are recurring can be bothersome.

Advice to Management

I think on the whole the management does a good job. The inititatives/projects are driven from the top and as it filters down to the sales level, the managers are smart enought to promote the initiatives while being cognizant of our particular situation

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

"Good company and career builder"

Current Employee - Research Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Research Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gartner has a world-wide reputation for having some of the top thinkers in various industries. Being a Gartner analyst give you a tremendous amount of influence. The company supports most analysts desire/need to work from home. And, overall, the people are great to work with.

Cons

Gartner is still attempting to determine what it wants to be when it grows up. The company is really trying to position for growth, and that is causing some growing pains in the culture.

Keeping up with the travel schedule can become very demanding.

2. "Great stepping stone, Great people"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome brand recognition, strong benefits, energetic corporate culture. Working at Gartner is a differentiator for growing your career, especially sales roles. You can take the experience and translate it to Sr Software, Hardware, Consulting sales roles that grant larger salaries and compensation packages.

Cons

Lower compensation compared to the market rates, especially for sales, top heavy management and middle management "special projects."

Advice to Management

Too many "sales advisor and overlay roles" -keep sales leadership limited to direct territories or direct territory management/roll up. The soft revenue and influential sales are not trackable nor accurate.