Gartner - The quality of Gartner's people sets it above most companies I have worked at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

"The quality of Gartner's people sets it above most companies I have worked at."

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience at Gartner was memorable to say the least.. The client site I worked at was extremely stressful, though exhilarating enough to motivate me to jump up every morning at 4:15 to catch a 5:15 train arriving in my office by 6:30 and back home after dark.

I found the Gartner folks I worked with themselves very collegial, extremely smart and engaging and cheerfully focused on reinforcing the corporate brand and being more effective than the competition.

Cons

Pressure to maximize billable hours appears to create unnecessary pressures on top of the daily client related dynamics. This pressure tends to suck up continuing educational time required to keep up in fast moving technological areas.

Advice to Management

Pressure to maximize billable hours creates stifles employee growth in fast moving technology sectors.

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

1. "Gartner offers flexible work options"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many employees work from home and you have some control over your work schedule, so you need to be disciplined and self-motivated. Compensation is good but not top.

Cons

A lot of pressure to perform and focus on quotas. Employees are stack ranked yearly.

"Sales Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company name, brand and reputation. No one offers our clients what we do. Our clients rely on us for their and their company success. Autonomy, sales oriented organization and I get to work with smart dynamic people internally and externally (my clients). I have a great boss and throughout my career at Gartner, I've had supportive managers.

Cons

No job is perfect and there are issues that just by nature that they are recurring can be bothersome.

Advice to Management

I think on the whole the management does a good job. The inititatives/projects are driven from the top and as it filters down to the sales level, the managers are smart enought to promote the initiatives while being cognizant of our particular situation