Gartner - Smart people, competitive pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

"Smart people, competitive pay."

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

Brilliant people, great name brand, and services deliver.

Cons

High-end compensation difficult to achieve.

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

"Research Content Specialist"

Former Employee - Research Content Specialist in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Research Content Specialist in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, the only real pro about working for this company is they give you a nice starting salary, and good PTO, but that's about it.

Cons

There are so many cons about this company, I can't even keep track. First off, no one there thinks for themselves, and the lack of professionalism is minimal. They don't practice what they preach. They don't treat employees with respect, unless they are sucking up to the ladder. Favoritism is displayed at its finest at this company. Management, especially in Inquiry, may be the worst I have ever seen in a working environment. Just because someone is good at inputting numbers on a computer screen, doesn't mean the next logical step is management, but that is what they do. The are some on the dullest, least creative people I have ever met. They don't care about the people the are "supposedly" managing, but only looking out for themselves to impress the guy at the top. Some managers don't even have the skill to talk to people on their teams as professionals. I can keep going, but the best thing I can say here is just don't even waste your time, because you won't be accomplishing anything.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage. They are so far away from doing a good job in the "management" space, I don't think there is any advice I could give that wouldn't be a lost cause, as they are very much a my way or no way type of working environment/culture.

2. "Your career is what you make it."

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

Success is rewarded consistently and generously. Great brand name in the market.

Cons

Difficult to maintain work-life balance. Can be too process oriented.