Gartner - Great culture, smart people, fun job. The opportunities are endless! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great culture, smart people, fun job. The opportunities are endless!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training provided is next to none and gives new employees the tools to hit the ground running. Coming from a larger corporation, the culture here is a breath of fresh air. Everyone is ambitious and smart with a drive to do more. Friendly competition and collaboration is a staple of the everyday Gartner day and team outings and quarterly incentives puts Gartner a step above the rest. The Fort Myers office is... brand new with state of the art technology and strong senior leadership.

Cons

Fort Myers is a little slow, so finding something fun to do takes some work.

Gartner2013-04-17
  1. "Fast Growing Company with Lots of Potential"

Former Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Gartner full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to be to stay on top of technology trends and work with smart people on challenging client engagements. Colleagues are always willing to help and very nice.

Cons

They are still working out some of the kinks with their new strategy. The influx of new hires and move towards a regional model will require extensive training & community/culture building. I believe these are just short term growing pains.

Gartner2019-12-12

"Great compensation but...."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gartner's sales process is world class. Truly. World. Class. If you are a fantastic AE, Gartner will make you better. No question. The benefits compared to other companies in the Bay Area are AVERAGE at best. There is work life balance, but you have to GRAB IT and prioritize it. They pay very well, and top performance is highly revered and rewarded. If you want to make $$$$ and no capped comp, this is the best... place to be. If you want to be challenged daily, this is the place to be. If you want to learn daily, this is the best place to be. Want to engage with C-Levels, this is the place to be.

Cons

The middle management of this company is literally the WORST I have ever experienced in my professional career. They manage UP and are literally not capable of managing down. They do not effectively educate their managers PERIOD. Want to see walking talking HR violations at ANY OTHER COMPANY, visit and meet with managers at Gartner.

Advice to Management

Actually read advise on Glassdoor and LinkedIn -- listen to what your solid performers are saying to you about their managers... actually listen, receive the feedback and implement change within your organization. We are the leaders in change management and culture research, but clearly we dont implement it in our own organization. Having a manager who has a high performing team does not make them a good manager,... it MEANS THEY HAVE TALENT on their team and has very little to do with their managers. When you do SKIP LEVELS, ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING with the information that is given to you.

Gartner2019-12-11

Discover more reviews about Gartner.