Gartner - Great people, great environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

"Great people, great environment."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Surrounded by amazing people, team environment and great incentives.

Cons

Old systems, and becoming way too process centric.

Advice to Management

Too much process and not enough decision power at the employee level removes people's ability to think for themselves. This amount of process makes a part of the brain shut down and creative juices stop flowing because we can no longer help solve business problems on our own. Direct contribution is not what it used to be. So many layers of process and administration now bogs us down.

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

"Gartner Federal Sales"

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gartner really can help clients succeed in their IT initiatives, which is very gratifying. It is nice to be able to believe in your product.

Cons

Gartner's management philosophy promotes very intrusive micromanagement. Employees are largely treated like children. The institutional belief that there is no problem that Gartner cannot solve places ultimate accountability on the Sales team in the event that a client chooses not to renew, and management refuses to acknowledge that sometimes, clients cannot be saved.

Advice to Management

You go out of your way to recruit and hire smart people with strong ties to their client base. You then treat us like children. Why? Recognize that you have hired people with a strong understanding of their clients, and usually with many years of Sales experience. Listen to us! We may have some good ideas of our own.

2. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

They are a very loyal employer who takes care of their employees

Cons

Being a research company they are very "formulaic" in their approach to sales. Ie. You need to make this many phone calls to get this much in sales. Which of course makes sense but they monitor you like big brother and ask for a lot of reporting on these activities which takes up your time that you could be DOING the activity. They are growing like crazy though so it works for them

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more, engage them more