Gartner - I am NEVER leaving! | Glassdoor

"I am NEVER leaving!"

Current Employee - Operations in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Operations in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership, incredible people, strong working relationships, flexibility and opportunity - plus work that is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

We need a bigger building!

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

"Broken Promises"

Former Employee - SMB Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - SMB Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job for a kid coming out of college. You can make a ton of professional connections for your more promising career at another company.

Cons

This is a call center, make no doubt about it. You are trained to be a robot on the phone. If you like telemarketing, you'll like it here.

To be successful you need to get in good with the right people and play their games. You need to be in the "good old boys club" for career advancement. Very unprofessional environment with a high school level of drama. Very high AE turnover.

Sells you on a 6 figure income, but only about 1/3 of the sales force even makes plan ($60k).

8 weeks of Academy is almost usless. Even the experienced AE's and Managers will tell you to forget everything you learned in Academy because it is NOT how the real world works.

Advice to Management

Clean house of upper management, reset the job culture and give a more realistic description of the job in interviews.

"VP at Gartner"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People, Culture, Experience, Development, Career Opportunities, Benefits, Winner Circle Locations

Cons

You get what you give. You can't expect to make this kind of money, in any economy, without putting a lot in. If you are willing to work hard, and can learn how to balance your time and learn how to prioritize, you will be very successful at Gartner in your current role and beyond. I am somone who has been afforded 4 promotions in 7 years. No excuses and hard work is always the secret in sales - with a client first focus.