Gartner - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Vice President Consulting in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Vice President Consulting in Arlington, VA

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Telework, intellectually stimulating, strong brand name, great place to have worked before. Research and end-user programs SMEs are treated very well, great sales people are treated even better.

Cons

Gartner has become a very metric driven company. Employees are constantly measured on their productivity. One needs good time management and focus skills to succeed.

Advice to Management

If you ever work at Gartner, you need to be an expert in something. Expertise can change over time, but without an expertise you will fail.

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Maitland, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome management. Great people. I really liked my manager there and the developers are all top-notch.

Cons

Work was a little boring. Not my cup of tea, but a great job for most people I would imagine. Compensation was low, but I think that spoke more to the contract company I used vs. their typical salaries.

"You're not at AMR anymore"

Former Employee - Research Vice President in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Research Vice President in Stamford, CT

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can work at home. Lot's of smart people. Gartner owned the IT advisory market, so company will likely continue to do well.

Cons

Very hard to innovate - not very willing to listen to new ideas. Employees are managed the same way machines in a factory are managed. Many members of the executive team display autistic-like symptoms when attempting to interact with employees. This is what a good company looks like after it's soul has been extracted.

Advice to Management

Try to remember that the employees are human beings. Hope that clients don't ever figure out how mediocre the research is compared to offerings from the adventurous analysts that left.