Gartner - Great company, great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

"Great company, great people"

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked as a Consultant with Gartner for over seven years and it was an overall positive experience. The people are amazing - literally the best and brightest in most cases. Very professional, fun, intellectually-stimulating environment.

I couldn't say enough good things about the culture at Gartner!

Cons

Occassionally there were some hiccups with resource management - mainly in the sense of booking jobs that have one person traveling to 3+ cities around the country per week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I would encourage management to continue to bring on junior employees so they have the opportunity (as I did) to learn from and shadow more senior expert-level colleagues.

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

1. "Amazing, with great leadership and future prospects"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for some of the other global consulting firms, and I can confidently say that by far, this is the best. Gartner is changing things around when it comes to leadership. I have heard many comments saying that this is a rookie and immature consulting firm, which are comments that are unprecedented by facts. Gartner is a smaller firm and relatively newer, I agree. But, the proportion of smart people at this firm is far more than any other firm I have been at. There is a growing awareness of taking this firm to the next level, and I wholeheartedly think that we have the right people in place to take us there. Try Gartner for consulting and then try another 'run of the mill' consulting firm, and you will know the difference when you interact with our consultants.

Great hours, and flexibility. This job teaches you that you better have other things outside of work that define you. If you don't and work is your life, you need to switch firms and go somewhere else that will work you to the bone!

Bonus and salary are also satisfactory.

Cons

Too easy on people. We need to be more aggressive and competitive when it comes to finding new business, and keeping the right people in the firm.

Advice to Management

Continue making the changes that you are making. I think our consulting practice has great potential, with the right people in leadership positions. Performance over tenure should be recognized. With those right facets in mind, I think Gartner consulting will go places!

"Gartner is a challenging product to sell-- sales force has minimal opportunity b/c of territory being limited."

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Gartner full-time

Pros

Good training. Nice benefits package.

Cons

Rough on employees. Demanding job. Not very fun. People are treated as numbers, not individuals. Tough product to sell. Tons of growth, starting to level-off.

Advice to Management

Treat people better.