Gartner - Account Manager SMB | Glassdoor

"Account Manager SMB"

Current Employee - Accpunt Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Accpunt Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training available. Great corporate culture with opportunity for growth. Gartner is an amazing company which offers great pay and benefits. I'd recommend other areas besides SMB however.

Cons

Management in SMB is boys club. Current Sales staff is young and inexperienced and the sales floor can have a bit of a frat house atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Act like adults...

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

"Gartner provides a great opportunity and sets up new hires for success."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales Management - Positive, Encouraging, Supportive and Enthusiastic. Sales is a central organization in the business and as a result the Sales organization is a high priority in the business.

Training - After spending 17+ years in sales and participating in multiple training programs, I found the new hire training at Gartner to be one of the best I have ever been involved in. The training is well organized, impactful and I feel has prepared me for success at Gartner. The quality of the training program can be directly attributed to the strength of the training team. Instructors are recent Account Executives from the field and are dedicated to delivering the content (not part time).

People - I have found my peers to be intelligent. Furthermore, interacting with the Research Analysts provides the opportunity to engage with individuals that are truly experts in their field.

Cons

The only real downside that I anticipate so far is that there are too many opportunities and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Keep the bar high for hiring.

"Great ESPECIALLY if you learn how to play the politics."

Current Employee - Business Process Lead in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Process Lead in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with highly intelligent people who have a passion for what they do. Ability to travel around the world. Its a respected brand in the IT research and advisory industry. Training for Sales people is very thorough, for other departments it is less structured and up to the manager. The office space is newly re-designed and has a state of the art gym.

Cons

The compensation is not up to market standards or to the standards of living for lower Fairfield County. In some departments there is no flexibility to work from home, although if you are an Analyst, these rules do not apply. It is hard to get ahead is some departments, like most corporations office politics play an important role in who is promoted and who isn't.

Advice to Management

With regards to your employees in CT, please take into account the cost of living in Fairfield County and surrounding areas when creating comp plans. If most employees are moving north due to the cost of living, consider allowing more employees to work out of the Trumbull facility. Some of your employees are spending 4 hours a day just on their commute to work, in this day and age, that's just dumb! Also, don't just say that the "culture" is to promote from within, provide opportunities for employees to learn other roles.