Gartner - Run Away | Glassdoor

"Run Away"

Pros

They do give a lot of vacation time and offer a work at home option in most departments. Pretty solid company.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, the raises are terrible and the health insurance is awful.

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

"Account Manager SMB"

Current Employee - Accpunt Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Accpunt Manager SMB in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training available. Great corporate culture with opportunity for growth. Gartner is an amazing company which offers great pay and benefits. I'd recommend other areas besides SMB however.

Cons

Management in SMB is boys club. Current Sales staff is young and inexperienced and the sales floor can have a bit of a frat house atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Act like adults...

"Gartner provides a great opportunity and sets up new hires for success."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales Management - Positive, Encouraging, Supportive and Enthusiastic. Sales is a central organization in the business and as a result the Sales organization is a high priority in the business.

Training - After spending 17+ years in sales and participating in multiple training programs, I found the new hire training at Gartner to be one of the best I have ever been involved in. The training is well organized, impactful and I feel has prepared me for success at Gartner. The quality of the training program can be directly attributed to the strength of the training team. Instructors are recent Account Executives from the field and are dedicated to delivering the content (not part time).

People - I have found my peers to be intelligent. Furthermore, interacting with the Research Analysts provides the opportunity to engage with individuals that are truly experts in their field.

Cons

The only real downside that I anticipate so far is that there are too many opportunities and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Keep the bar high for hiring.