Cover image for Gartner

Current Employee, more than 10 years

Many Opportunities Across Business Lines

Nov 29, 2022 - Sr. Director in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've enjoyed working at Gartner for the abundance of opportunities to change roles across different businesses. There is a lot of mobility for those motivated to seek it. Work-life balance is also optimal with little to no travel for most roles (a pro for me...admittedly not for eveybody).

Cons

Can sometimes feel like a grind. Publishing deadlines are comparable to a hampster wheel and never end. It's rewarding but can be challenging to manage so many ongoing projects.

1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

skills

Dec 20, 2022 - Sales Assistant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

the work culture is great

Cons

they are not organized at all

Continue reading
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start a career

Jan 25, 2023 - Account Executive MSE in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gartner is a great place to start your sales career. I would chose it again if I had to do it again. The amount you are micromanaged is heavily dependent on your manager - some are relaxed and let you work and others are the complete opposite. The work life balance is amazing. I feel my direct manager genuinely cares about me as a person.

Cons

They are pricing out middle market clients. With the business model, there are too many things out of your control. More so than other sales jobs. You are the service for your clients and have to show value for a product that is largely intangible ROI. You have to focus on service as an AE -sometimes so much that it can cannibalized your ability to grow accounts. Business development often hands off misaligned sales and then it becomes your responsibility to renew accounts that are doomed from the start. They pay external hires far more than they pay internal talent - this is a known problem which as a sales person is the largest con of them all.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Gartner.

Gartner Photos