Gate Gourmet - Gate Gourmet is a good place that allows employees to on as much as they like | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gate Gourmet

"Gate Gourmet is a good place that allows employees to on as much as they like"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Gate Gourmet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can take on as much responsibility as you want. High visibility to senior management

Cons

Low margin business shows its face in salaries, benefits, etc...

Other Employee Reviews for Gate Gourmet

1. "Demanding Job & Upper Management is not held accountable"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many...Good peer group to work with.

Cons

No raises, costly benefits for a large Corp., horrible pay. No accountability being taken in Upper Mgt.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better and you will see the benefits, but unfortunately you try to drive production down the employees throats. Workforce knows the Upper Management (GMs & up) capitalizes from the business and does not take accountability of their mistakes. HR does not work for anyone but the Upper Mgt....look out. Mid-management personnel down are not provided proper direction, compensation, or the feeling of being a needed employee.

"The Worst Job I've Ever Had!"

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours per week.
    Free Lunch

That's all the pros I can think of for this job. I truly hated this job. I wouldn't recommend anyone work heere unless they were on the verge of being homeless or starving.

Cons

Bad Work Hours
    Location too far
    Racist coworkers
    Coworkers who don't speak English at all.
    Minimum wage to start and with a .05(yes that's a nickel) raise after 3 months.

I really could go on and on about the cons. But seriiusly don't work here. They will truly hire anyone. Even people who don't speak English. How in the world am I supposed to communicate with someone who doesn't speak ANY English? Then when you go to management about it they don't care. And the amount of subliminal racism I experienced here was ridiculous. I lasted three months in this job.

You don't get paid enough for the work you do and then they constantly change the work hours. And then ever so often there is something called a bid. Where you can bid to get a better schedule but that rarely happens if you don't have any seniority and if a person who has been at the job longer than you decides they want your job guess what? They can bid for it and your days off change and your hours could change too.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly and pay your employees more and maybe you wouldn't have such high turnover.