Gate Gourmet - Fast Pace work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gate Gourmet

"Fast Pace work environment"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Reston, VA
Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great 1st job to gain experience

Cons

No room for growth. Some employees are unprofessional.

Advice to Management

NA

Other Employee Reviews for Gate Gourmet

"Happy about everything here, except my salary. I know I was not alone"

Former Employee - ASG Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - ASG Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was at ASG, and had the best experience. My Sr. Manager was one of the sweetest, and hard-working ones out there, and so I was lucky. I'm aware not every division was smooth, but my diligence and smarts were recognized here, and we had the flexibility and freedom when it came to our schedules. The nature of the job was demanding, and you had to be sharp, but I liked the challenge, and I worked with a dedicated team.

Cons

Every employee will agree with me when I say this - The only thing I was unhappy about, was my salary. In the Northern Virginia area, no one can afford to aspire to a decent living with that salary. This is the only reason I had to quit, and I had never felt bad about doing something like that.

Advice to Management

By now, the Management folks know this well. They are continuously losing good, talented employees simply because everyone loses their motivation pretty soon. They'll start seeing the results as soon as they fix their salary structure

"Stay away from this place!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gate Gourmet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an atmosphere of constant change so you will get good experience, but that comes at a high price.

Cons

The high price: long hours for pay below the market, management that is poorly educated - many of the old timers are airline catering veterans that maybe graduated from high school, if you don't have airline catering exp. it is hard to get ahead, inadequate systems, no ability to make decisions as this is tightly controlled at the top. It can be absolute chaos on the floor as the bottom line is to get the flights out on time. They talk about recognition and training, but it is lip service. This place crushes your soul.

Advice to Management

The corporate types should actually work in the kitchen and see what it is like.