Gateway Blend - Excellent Place to Work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gateway Blend

"Excellent Place to Work."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

1 - Everyone is here because we believe we're helping consumers make better buying decisions. We truly believe we're making a difference.

2 - GREAT opportunity; If you see something broken, missing, or know how to improve it - go for it.

3 - Freedom to think outside the box; In fact, there is no box.

4 - Incredibly smart executives, engineers and supportive people.

5 - Open and transparent environment.

6 - We have fun.

Cons

We move so fast and are growing quickly, there's little time to stop and reflect on the great achievements. We literally have to have lunch meetings to ensure we're focusing on the right things.

Advice to Management

Ensure we continue to hire the best people in the leadership roles, whether it is promoting from within or bringing them in from the outside. Having the right culture fit and ability to exceptional teams will remain critical to our success.

Other Employee Reviews for Gateway Blend

1. "Definitely Top Talent."

Former Employee - Technical Engineering Lead in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Engineering Lead in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

This company knows how to make money - period! Take a couple energetic, cool and fun founders + brains + a good idea + a gap in the market place and you get = success.

If you're highly talented, and you want to work with other talented people, then this might be the company for you. If you're fairly complacent in your career then a company like HP or IBM might be a better fit for obvious reasons.

The company has a high employee retention rate; so it's easy to make quality friends, spend time with them, and keep them for life.

I've seen the company spend allot of money on it's employees, acknowledge contributing employees and offer incentives & bonuses when employees succeed.

Much of the staff has received promotions within last 2 years. The company also offers 100% paid benefits; good vacation; competitive comp packages and cool company events.

The company is one of the top in their own right.

Cons

St. Louis, MO is very cold in the winter.

There have been rare occasions when "non performing" employees {but nice people} have felt uncomfortable in a high-achievement environment like this. This company definitely supports employees in succeeding and being the best they can be, but very few {1 out 100} are just short of miracles. I think diligent screening up front would weed the average out.

The kitchen is stocked with too much candy, cookies, cakes and donuts (i.e. you'll likely gain weight)

Increased communication

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing, it's obviously working because the company is growing fast, but make sure the front line employees get time with Executives as well - employees look up to the Execs.

2. "A unique opportunity to work for an emerging leader in the online space, right here in the Midwest."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

It is a rare opportunity to be able to work in such a positive environment. The accomplishments achieved by such a young company is truly impressive, from start-up to industry leader in less than 5 years. There is endless opportunity learn and grow from extremely talented executive team, as well many other very smart individuals. Hard work is contagious at Announce, and it is recognized and rewarded. You cannot help but feel a strong sense of accomplishment in knowing that you have made an impact.

Cons

In an ever evolving internet industry, it can be a constant battle to stay ahead of the curve. This can cause for some stressful times, as new projects come and go, and priorities change quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to succeed by believing in your mission, and your staff. You are building something great and paving the way for success for many young employees.