Gaylord Entertainment - Tremendous Growth Opportunities | Glassdoor

"Tremendous Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

I love this job. Their number one commitment to their STARS is "industry leading training and development." Senior Management has given me the tools and opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Especially at the Opryland property they have a positon for everything. I've seen a call center manager move over to be a restaurant manager. An engineer be promoted to a housekeeping manger and so on. This job gives you a ton of flexibility. If you get bored easily, like me, it's hard to find a work place like this one. I am a VERY satisfied employee.

Cons

Like in all hospitality the schedule can be very demanding. The guests make the schedule so if their is a big turn of the house expect to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Gaylord Entertainment

"Looks great on a resume, but not recommended"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Pros

In the big picture of the hospitality industry, Gaylord Entertainment is the leader in business travel, and has earned a prestigious reputation in that field. High dollar room and convention rates will ensure long term success for this company. On a resume, everyone knows who Gaylord Entertainment is.

Cons

On paper, the service pyramid at Gaylord has the employees at the top, supported by the management and then the guests. In reality the service pyramid is no where near that. The management is at the top, followed by the guests, and then the employees. Management will not hesitate to sacrifice a good employee in order to maintain their image.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your greatest resource, and is the candidate pool for the middle management that is so dearly valued and closely protected.

2. "Very Satisfied Employee"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN

Pros

The people!! My team are some of the best people I have ever met. They help be a better person and employee. They give me feedback anytime I ask for it, and sometimes when I don't. The managers let me job shadow with them all the time. And the benefits!! Gaylord has great insurance and retirement plan.

Cons

Some of the negative feedback from clients. But that's way we are there, to make it better!! They like to complain that the place is too big. Well, that's why we are considered a resort. Also I work in a building besiee the resort, that may have mold.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You guys do an amazing job. You let us know about everything (well, what we need to know) thats going on in the company.