Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center - Good place to work minus childlike programs required to attend | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

"Good place to work minus childlike programs required to attend"

Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good office space, pretty flexible hours as far as dr appts and things going on when need to leave and take care of.

Cons

Micromanaging by senior management, we're all adults and capable of doing our jobs without constantly being checked on or reporting in...or spoken rudely too.
Due to the amount of Egyptians and other non-American employees there are a lot of childlike assemblies and programs that I guess these folks enjoy because they didn't grow up with that but for the others it is a waste of time that could be spent working or being off, no one truly enjoys these.

Not a lot of time off

Advice to Management

Have a true "confidential" review of bosses at all levels and address issues. Also, re-evaluate the time and money spent on STAR rallies.

Other Employee Reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

1. "Great"

Former Employee - Great Place for Career Growth in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Great Place for Career Growth in Nashville, TN

Pros

You can literally start on the bottom level and work your way to the top with this company. They really do take your performance into thought and your reputation and promote accordingly. If you work hard, the sky is the limit. Oh, and you get a free meal every shift.

Cons

This company can become very small and immature after a few years. Cliques are sometimes formed and everyone knows everyone's business. My advice is to stay quiet, be nice and do your job so your personal life does not come back to bite you at the end. Also, it being the South, this company is old fashioned with it's values (although there a plenty of people representing all lifestyles) so just be warned and keep your personal life quiet.

Advice to Management

Just because you get promoted for doing a great job doesn't mean that you stop learning how to manage others and make decisions. Take advantage of the free continuing training the company offers and become stronger leaders.

2. "Gaylord Opryland was an incredibly fantastic place to work."

Former Employee - Guest Service Care in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Guest Service Care in Nashville, TN

Pros

We were given fairly liberal freedom, within limits, to do what needed to be done to serve our guests' needs.

Cons

I didn't have a great deal of flexibility when it came to rescheduling, except in the case of medical emergencies.

Advice to Management

I do miss working for Gaylord Resorts & Convention Center. The experience was a VERY positive one for my family and myself.