Geek Powered Studios - SEO Company With Integrity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Geek Powered Studios

"SEO Company With Integrity"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Austin, TX
Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Geek Powered Studios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, opportunity for growth, fun co-workers, work hard play hard mentality. We often have company outings, video game breaks, catered lunches.

We also have some great clients so employees get the opportunity to meet tons of local and influential business owners.

Cons

There is always lots of work to get done (this is a fast growing company) and if you cant manage your time well, you might get overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Nothing to share here, Geek Powered is a great place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Geek Powered Studios

"Great Company and Great Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Geek Powered Studios full-time

Pros

I have absolutely lucked out with getting to work at Geek Powered. The team is smart, funny, kind and overall fantastic to work with! My ideas are listened to and the team is very collaborative and solution oriented. Leadership works hard to mentor and coach their team and has high standards to create top notch work for our clients. Hands down the culture is my favorite part, this is the first time in my career that I feel like I am part of a family and work is something that I genuinely look forward to every day. This company has a lot of heart and I love how passionate the team is about their work.

Cons

Some of the processes are still being formed or are in the process of being updated due to growth and change within the industry. Having worked at other agencies, constant change comes with the territory, because the industry is constantly changing, so must we.

Advice to Management

I feel like Geek Powered is on the cusp of something great! We have so many exciting things to look forward to over the next year. Best piece of advice is to prioritize items that need to be implemented and not push them to the back burner, I know especially being in leadership things can get busy. I definitely feel that the company is headed in the right direction and am excited about all of the positive changes that have already been made over the last year.

"Awesome Company to Grow With! Fun too!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Geek Powered Studios (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved my time working with Geek Powered and would have stayed long term had another "dream" opportunity not presented itself. When I left the company I wasn't looking to leave.

1.Geek Powered Studios has "culture" down. Co-workers quickly begin to feel more like friends or family. Video games, quarterly company gatherings, and regular events outside of work are the norm around Geek Powered. Prior to working at Geek Powered I had never worked somewhere where the people made going to work a joy.

2. Management really takes the time to get to know and care about each employee and helps them develop their career path based off their interests and strengths. The company is young and developing, so there is infinite room to grow with the company.

3. Work/Life balance is important. The CEO often says, "work hard, play hard", and I think this is very reflective of the company mentality. When you aren't at work, you shouldn't have to be working and Geek Powered Studios respects that.

4. Awesome Clients! The client vetting process is strong and managers make sure that we take on accounts that are going to be the best fit. The company quickly goes to bat for both employees and clients. It is easy to gain a personal connection with the clients and the work, as many of the company's clients are small business owners that you get to interact with on a daily basis.

5. CEO is accessible and "in the trenches" assisting with the work and any questions that may arise.

Cons

1. This is a newer, growing company--so there are some kinks that still need to be worked out with regard to organizational structure, feedback loops, and lines of communication.

2. There is little formal training in place for new employees.

3. Pay is a little bit lower than a larger company, but I think the other benefits and the ability to potentially grow with the company outweigh this negative.

Advice to Management

Keep on your current path--things are starting to run more and more smoothly.

Work on clearly communicating goals and new policies to the entire team.

Continue to grow as you get feedback from the team. I think that leadership training would be really great for the management team--not because they aren't already leaders, but because leaders should constantly be challenging themselves to understand different learning styles and interpersonal communication methods.

Participate in the company events and keep it positive!