Geek Squad - Love & Hate | Glassdoor
  1. "Love & Hate"

Former Employee - Double Agent Covert

I worked at Geek Squad full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers, honestly, were pretty fantastic (for the most part) in the eight years I was with the company. Maybe it was just the culture at the store I started with, but that is what kept me with the company as long as I was. That and the discount. Not going to lie, for someone who always wants the latest and greatest, the discount is pretty awesome, too. Lastly, once I became a double agent, the freedom we had on...

Cons

Irregular hours. On my shifts that I had to work from home, we often would be asked if we wanted to get off early due to only having a few computers in the queue. Even though it was a request, if we stayed it negatively affected our numbers. It was a lose-lose scenario. As far as Geek Squad in-home agents were concerned, the number of leadership changes and restructuring was getting pretty ridiculous as well.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback instead of making it a punishment. Every year Best Buy has a couple leadership and employee experience surveys. How they are delivered, they have done absolutely nothing productive. Instead of having a bunch of hardly-useful questions, just have a few comment sections employees can fill out that you actually take the time to read and pull insightful information from.

Geek Squad2017-04-14
  1. "Good place to start for IT"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Consultation Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning how to troubleshoot different types of technology, learning how to communicate with clients, and learning how to work as a team.

Cons

Some times a lot of devices are checked in, can get stressful.

Geek Squad2019-05-16
  2. "Working at the Geek Squad"

I worked at Geek Squad part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and learned a lot

Cons

The pay wasnt great and clients can be fustration

Geek Squad2019-06-13

Discover more reviews about Geek Squad.