Geek Squad - Fast paced work | Glassdoor

"Fast paced work"

Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA in Gainesville, GA
Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Geek Squad part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced work environment.
Places for advancement.
Technical skills required daily.
Always an opportunity for advanced learning

Cons

Advancement may take long periods of time.

Advice to Management

Utilize the Geek Squad CIA agents for what they are, Computer Repair Technicians. I spent two years working at Best Buy, LLC. and in those two years, I was used as a computer sales associate, Home Entertainment sales associate, etc. All while wearing my GS uniform. More times than not, I was asked to perform the job of what others should have easily been able to do. Especially on days when the single CIA agent is the only person covering the GS counter, do not ask them to make a sale elsewhere in the store. Do not just drop a bomb on them, such as a customer who is not wanting any services, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Geek Squad

1. "Great work environment for service oriented people."

Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA in Issaquah, WA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, interesting, evolving at all times. This job has been a great way to build teamwork experience and develop tools to train other co workers within my store.

Cons

Not every process is trained in full, you are expected to seek out the knowledge you are responsible for, this is something I would change if I were given the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Promote and hire from within, this will encourage employees to do better for their own store, hiring from the outside into management discourages employees from doing their best to evolve.

2. "Started amazing and then fell very quickly"

Current Employee - Consultation Agent in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Consultation Agent in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on location, can be busy all 7 days of the week and you'll always have your hands full enough to make shifts go by quick. Other departments in Best Buy look to you almost the same way they look at management. Lot of responsibility and great benefits, even for part time. Employee discount just changed back and it's now amazing again. The employee base is great, everyone truly lives the Geek Squad values and is always willing to help.

Cons

Terrible communication between managers and they never agree on policies and will often contradict employees when dealing with issue with a client. Virtually no room for growth as there are only three positions within each location, one of them being supervisor, the highest paid position in the store, so they virtually never leave.

Advice to Management

Stand by your employees, communicate with each other, and make decisions as a group, not individually...