Genentech - A great place to work and contribute to the advancement of medicine. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

"A great place to work and contribute to the advancement of medicine."

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The focus of work on improving the lives of patients. I understand exactly how my work contributes toward this goal.

Cons

As the company has grown, it has developed some really inefficient processes. People are at least cognizent of this, however, and always open to change and improvement.

Advice to Management

Focus on how to improve the business,not always on how to improve the processes. Make process lean and non-limiting.

Other Employee Reviews for Genentech

1. "Genentech is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Genentech is a meritocracy. Employees are valued and every employee deserves a good manager.

Cons

Large company structure, lack of upward mobility at certain levels.

Advice to Management

Great job

2. "ART LEVINSON is GENENTECH"

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

ART LEVINSON!! Don't under estimate the employee trust in him. It's the best company in the US. The culture is laid back, real, and we have a great time working and playing. This is one of the most fulfilling jobs I have had. When I came to pharma sells I wasn't sure if it was the place for me. I realized that GNE has amazing products and pipeline. I never get board. There is always something or someone to learn from. We make differences in patients live. I have worked in the past managing oncology patient treatments. Genentech is invested in providing drugs to anyone and everyone that may benefit from their products.

Cons

Although it is a new company- there are some folks that have been here over 10 years that are catered to. Doesn't always make sense.

Advice to Management

Share with me why some are picked for promotion and others not. How do you justify these choices?