Genentech - Great company to grow and learn with dedicated and passionate employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

"Great company to grow and learn with dedicated and passionate employees"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in South San Francisco, CA
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow within the company. Through my daily work, lunch and learns sponsored by the company, and access to various workshops, I left Genentech with a solid understanding of the biotech world.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything. I greatly enjoyed my internship opportunity and I felt challenged throughout my internship.

Other Employee Reviews for Genentech

1. "A great learning experience and, from an academic standpoint, a way to get your feet wet in industry"

Former Intern - Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Large enough for basic and applied research. The working environment is collaborative (enhances problem-solving), emphasizes team-building, and, if you like it, provides perks. Even though the people who work there are incredibly bright (you may feel dumb), every one is equal. Outside of work, there is emphasis on work-life balance and they provide ways to help make that happen.

Cons

Though it is more likely a rule, versus exception, an internship does not lead to employment. In terms of computational infrastructure, I was a bit surprised that I needed to spend time getting things set up and going (given they have interns every summer).

Advice to Management

Thanks for having me!

2. "Fun company, but tough enviornment"

Former Contractor - Compensation Consultant in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Compensation Consultant in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to an exciting company in a cutting edge industry. Lots of very smart and driven people. Great food options in the company cafeteria.

Cons

Pressure to work long hours, which is the expected norm. Not the most collegial environment. Finger pointing and assigning blame when things go wrong.