Genentech - Experienced guy, seems OK | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

"Experienced guy, seems OK"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great environment, lots of employee services. I like the casual dress, all the perks that we have, and it is a fun place to work.

Cons

Big company, lack of information. The site is so huge, it is hard to stay informed about what is going on. There may be career opportunities that we are missing out on because we just don't know about them.

Advice to Management

Let us know more about what is going on with the various departments within Genentech, I would be interested to know what is going on with Research, Government Affairs, etc. as well as the other business units. Would like more info on the Avastin vs Lucentis situation.

Other Employee Reviews for Genentech

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Employees who are committed to their work and to the company's objectives, management generally supports work-life balance, excellent catering and cafeteria,

Cons

1) Middle management and leadership are poorly trained and are not prepared for their roles
    2) A culture that does not support telecommuting opportunities

Advice to Management

Train your management-track employees! Tenure does not equal talent. Please consider telecommuting as an option, especially for folks working in the Commercial division (as this is an area that lends itself nicely to a telecommuting format)/

2. "Working at Genentech can be an amazing experience, if you have sales experience."

Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The culture there is great. Everyone is very friendly, and they foster a very academic environment which encourages alternative viewpoints and constructive feedback. The hours were also very flexible and I was allowed to work at home when I needed to. Also my manager was very tuned into my professional development and took an active interest in helping me prepare for my next job.

Cons

The problem with Genentech is that if you are not a scientist or if you don't have a deep sales background (or willing to go out in the field and get one) your career potential there is limited.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to y our employees and try to be more approachable on campus.