KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Genentech is a great place to learn and collaborate, and has tremendous potential.

Jan 12, 2014 - Support Technician in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere - almost everyone I met is very friendly and open to discussion. Collaboration encouraged - whether walking between buildings, at lunch, or during the companies many social events. Nice location - beautiful views and campus in general. Great amenities - shuttles around the campus, buses that will pick you up around the bay area, relaxation rooms, free beverages, on-site dental, haircuts, exercise facilities, etc.

Cons

Opportunities for contract workers is very limited.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place to Work

Sep 28, 2022 - Intake Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing Culture -Lots of growth and development -People really care -Work that matters

Cons

-Its a large corporation, so sometimes things change slowly. Additionally. sometimes it hard to have visibility into other areas of the company.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Poor corporate culture has halted progress

Sep 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co workers , great benefits, for the most part employment stability, good work and life balance

Cons

Bad things are staying bad year after year because the measure of success is just to have an idea , implement it and then shout it from roof tops to get that next promotion, No one follows up to see if the idea actually worked. Emphasis is on looking like you are doing something good rather than actually doing good. IT environment has remained a couple of decades behind , since emphasis is on doing things cheaper with no regard for the users who have to deal with the poor decision made in that arena by spending time doing workarounds. The phrase digital transformation is used a lot but in practice nothing much materializes and folks are still dependent on spreadsheets and macros. Bottom line current corporate culture is geared towards defending the status quo

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Genentech.

Genentech Careers

Cover image for Genentech

Genentech is a biotechnology company dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious...More

• Careers
  • New Grad/Intern
  • Community
  • Benefits

Genentech Photos

+ Add Photo
Genentech photo of: Employees dress up for our annual Bay to Beakers Children's Walk, which benefits important children's causes.
Genentech photo of: We offer sustainable commute options to our employees including buses to nearby communities, shuttles to and from public transportation, and incentives for carpooling, biking and walking.
Genentech photo of: Our Pharma Technical Operations (PT) team ensures we meet our commitment to manufacturing breakthrough medicines for our patients and we cannot thank them enough for their hard work!
Genentech photo of: "The Edge" is one of our cafeterias at our SSF campus. This zero waste to landfill facility was designed with sustainability at the forefront.
Genentech photo of: From 5th grade mentorships to college scholarships, we're working to inspire the passion that changes patients' lives.
Genentech photo of: B34 was built on four pillars: sustainability, wellbeing, community, and innovation.
Genentech photo of: Giving back is in our DNA.

Genentech Job Seekers Also Viewed