Genentech - Great Experience, but felt unappreciated. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

"Great Experience, but felt unappreciated."

Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From a Contact Case Manger:
I worked for an awesome department! The supervisors were stern yet understanding and supportive. My FTE team mates were AWESOME! They were always very helpful and wanted me to succeed. If you're a quick learner and up to date on using technology you will do very well through training. Other Pro's: PAY, Shuttle, good variety of lunch options, mini department events, catered lunches during busy weeks, awesome on-boarding process, through training...

Cons

Little to no chance of getting an FTE position within access solutions. You'll only get in if someone leaves or if you apply to a different department. Contractors ARE NOT treated fairly/aknowledged by management because of the "laws" prohibiting it. Contractors do the same amount of work if not more, contribute our ideas during meetings, work along side our FTE peers and yet our work is not "suppose" to be noticed. I worked by buns off, stuck it through the 10 hours shifts and rarely asked for any days off. In the end I was left feeling like replaceable goods. This does discourage someone from ever wanting to be a apart of the gene team.

Advice to Management

You get some pretty awesome contractors that come through your organization who work hard, contribute quality work and long hours which helps your organization thrive. Pay close attention to those that do and pick them up when the opportunity presents itself.

Other Employee Reviews for Genentech

"Great place to make a difference in the world"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Purpose is key. Good salary. Best benefits around. Progressive approach to development

Cons

HQ is now in Switzerland

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. "started as a temp and months later hired on full time; They treat temps as employees and are able to move up in career"

Former Employee - Regualtory Affairs Coordinator in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regualtory Affairs Coordinator in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great and team effort on projects that gives energy to all those involved

Cons

intense work and attention to detail of utmost importance - longer hours than some jobs but the benefits outweigh that factor

Advice to Management

Hopefully company is continuing the same was before they were bought out by Roche. Lots of collaboration and most people seem to respect others in different parts of the company.