Genentech - I feel very lucky to be a Genentech employee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

"I feel very lucky to be a Genentech employee."

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Diversity and culture are celebrated at Genentech.

Cons

Often times employees are required to work long hours, this affects requesting time off when projects need to be completed. It also affects sabbatical time off.

Advice to Management

There must be a better way in documenting our work instead of entering it into several different applications, reports, spreadsheets, etc. It's redundant and time consuming.

Other Employee Reviews for Genentech

1. "A dynamic, invigorating place to work with a strong sense of mission and purpose."

Current Employee - Strategic Planner in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Planner in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

A strong emphasis on communications and collaboration. A company wide decision-making structure that intrinsically forces authority downward to the lowest possible level, providing many opportunities to exercise and test one's judgement.

Cons

Given the company's rapid growth over the past 3-5 years, there's a bit of overlap and occasional conflict/collision in roles and responsibilities across some departments, primarily in the business services and support functional groups. Some areas of responsibility have also, due to the sheer pace of workload, fallen through the cracks and by the wayside.

Advice to Management

Try to introduce some stronger processes and protocols without squelching the spirit of invention and entreneurship that sits at the company's core.

2. "Great place to work, I hope to survive the pending Roche takeover...."

Current Employee - Supervisor in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great company, but change coming...TBD. I am proud of where I work, and I feel fortunate to work on a great team, while other teams in my dept. are not so attractive. The work atmosphere is excellent, and the company treats people well. Some employees feel a sense of entitlement, and that can be annoying because some constantly complain. Some also have the attitude of playing the victim role when there is change. Change is constant! Learn to cope!

Cons

Change is unknown with the pending Roche deal. The uncertainty can be unnerving.

Advice to Management

Greater consistency would be better.