General Atomics - Great company! Just don't confuse most of GA with the ASI division! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics

"Great company! Just don't confuse most of GA with the ASI division!"

Current Employee - Department Assistant in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Department Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

General Atomics, aside from the ASI division, has a great reputation for treating its employees very well! There's definitely a reason the reputation is in place! Management are wonderful and treat their employees with decency and respect. They even speak with many of them as equals. Benefits are great, the company is extremely family friendly, and hours are very flexible (you make your own hours).

Cons

The company really is wonderful. The only thing I can think of that isn't so great is the pay. And raises tend to be rather small. Fortunately, the incredible benefits balance much of it out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for General Atomics

"Not a place to start a career. GA-ASI"

Current Employee - A&P Spec II in Adelanto, CA
    Current Employee - A&P Spec II in Adelanto, CA

Pros

Pay and benifits are great compared to the majority of aviation mechanic jobs out there. Interesting system and capabilities. Coworkers

Cons

As far as UAV companies go, they pay on the low end, expect more out of you and wonder why you would want to have a weekend off after coming home from a 6 month overseas trip. There is no gaurantee as to the amount of money you will make in a given year, I will bring in almost 40k less than i did last year. Management is horrible, most of the higher ups are all about running everyone else over to make them selves look that much better in the managements eyes, training takes a back seat to trying to make themselves look like golden children. Do NOT expect respect from these people

Advice to Management

pull your heads out of your, well you know.

"General Atomics is a great place to work: the Aeronautical Division: not so much."

Current Employee - Decline to State in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in San Diego, CA

Pros

I have met some of the brightest individuals of my adult life at GA. GA is one of the few companies that offers both 401K plan and a pension plan which is practically nonexistant any more. I have been able to advance personally and professionally. The company allowed me on the job training in new areas of expertise which in turn made me more valuable to the company. I have bonuses every year since I started working there 10 years ago. The main campus has a tennis court, swimming pool with cabana. Many of the sites have on-site gyms and showers. Mostly the best place I've ever worked. The Aeronautical Division, not so much.

Cons

Some divisions are not run as well as others. Avoid the ASI organization at all costs.

Advice to Management

The ASI division needs a management overhaul.