General Dynamics Information Technology - Great people | Glassdoor

"Great people"

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic community of people to work with, insurance options are okay, casual dress, flex time and some positions allow telecommuting.

Cons

Salary increases are a joke, promotional opportunities lacking, being good at your job does not guarantee you will be able to move up in the organization, no SICK time, crappy vacation time, management does not recognize educational achievement, some managers not qualified and have horrible people skills

Advice to Management

Provide better health insurance options, bring back sick time, recognize those who complete training by promoting and paying better, listen to employees, mentor those with leadership potentional.

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

1. "Govt Contracts"

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pay initially but as contract comes up or is competed they'll cut their money to get the contract which means no more money for me

Cons

difficult to move up within govt contract
    terrible benefits Aetna is horrible. I used to have IBX until GD bought my former company

"The pay is good if you can handle the abuse."

Former Employee - 1-800-Medicare Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - 1-800-Medicare Customer Service Representative

Pros

It is a big organization with it's hands in many pies. I'm sure some jobs in the organization are better than others. I can only speak about being a call center representative.

The economy is tough and the pay is somewhat decent. I don't want to deny anyone a job, but I would not recommend working the phones at Vangent if you have better options.

Cons

If you are low on options, you have the patience of Gandhi and a high tolerance for abuse from both callers and management, this is a good job for you.

That said, it is a job, times are hard, and the pay is decent for a customer service job.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the leadership at Vangent. They never listened to a single thing I ever had to say while I was there, so I see no reason that would change now that I am gone.