General Dynamics Information Technology - Intelligent Knowledgeable People | Glassdoor

"Intelligent Knowledgeable People"

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Towson, MD
Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Towson, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never worked with a more hardworking and friendly group. They know what needs to be done and do it efficiently and effectively. Everyone is willing to help each other out and there a real sense of team. The experience you get will be determined by the contract you work and how well the team has been put together. Some teams work better together than others.

Cons

Working for a large company can have its drawbacks. To the very upper management I'm just a number on a page. This isn't always a bad thing but dealing with pushing through corporate red tape can be irritating.

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

1. "Satisfied with company"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tampa, FL

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team mates
    Comanpy alway flexible and understanding when it came to personal matters
    Would not have left had it not been that GD lost contract. However was given sufficent amount of notice and compensated when other contracting companies did not.

Cons

lost bidded contract for future employment.

Advice to Management

None

"Great place to work, but you are on your own...once the contract ends..."

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hiring process was seamless, good benefits, managers were good about hours and working remote. GDIT is a very structured organization, so there are very defined processes and procedures, but nothing over the top. Overall, a very good experience. If I was out of college again, and received an offer, I would take it in a heartbeat. I will miss this company.

Cons

Communication. I was advised that my program was being cancelled by one of our partner companies. Not sure what to say about that...where is the...transparency? That was three months ago, and I talked to my manager...twice since then...multiple attempts to contact, nothing in return, I still get a paycheck..so...not to mention, transparency...when something is going on in your program, and you are mid-level, expect to be the last to know.

Longevity. This is a federal contract-oriented company. Period. The Career Assistance Program is window-dressing (CAP is a program that gets you visibility when your contract ends or is cancelled for other opportunities). I watch very good people get hired, then leave because of funding every day. A total waste of capital.

Advice to Management

You go to great lengths to hire good people, but where you lack, is retaining them. A good number of current employees perform functions remote...the CAP is not geared for that. With the company overhead...working remote and travel should not be an issue. You boast about overhead, but don't put it to good use.