General Dynamics Information Technology - Great experiance | Glassdoor

"Great experiance"

Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people willing to help all the time

Cons

politics as usual. must be noticed by senior leaders

Advice to Management

share more information with employees

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

"The work was drudging, but it the best pay I ever had in my life."

Former Employee - Data Entry in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses were offered, there was plenty of work offered to those who did well, and the pay was fantastic.

Cons

The schedule is very inflexible, very stiff environment where everything you say can be taken the wrong way (joking is not a wise thing to do in this place, even if you think the subject matter isn't lurid at all).

Advice to Management

Watch out for people who tend to complain constantly about others. They tend to be overly-sensitive and vindictive.

"Good experience for working with one of the "big boys.""

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been very good to me, ensuring that I have received good raises in compensation for helping to improve relations with an unhappy and demanding customer.

They have periodic incentives to encourage employees to be more healthy. Like last year, they had a program where people tracked their walking/running and, if you exercised x times per week, your name went into a drawing. Some of the prizes were things like iPads and A WEEK OF PAID LEAVE.

Cons

In the current environment, with threats of sequestration and DoD budget cutbacks, working for any defense contractor can be a bit nerve-wracking.

From what I can see, most GDIT employees are embedded at customers' work sites. So your day-to-day work experience is much more affected by your government customer than by the the actual policies of your employer. Not really a CON, per se, but it can be if your customer is difficult and the GDIT management doesn't stand behind you.

I worked for a small contractor before and did have more of a sense there of being known as a person and not just an employee number.