General Dynamics Information Technology - Great Place to work, most of management was looking out for you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

"Great Place to work, most of management was looking out for you"

Former Employee - Senior Training Specialist in Sierra Vista, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Training Specialist in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people were fair and usually helped you out when needed, most management were understanding and treated you as a person instead of a number

Cons

other management thought of you as a number and could care less of what happened to you, looked out for themselves and more worried about possible promotions instead of keeping the working force employed

Advice to Management

overall a good place to work for as long as they had the contract

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

"Highly political and hostile envinronment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time

Pros

Good resume builder (on paper only), but not for long term employment.

Cons

Exploitative practices toward junior staff (cash cows used to underbid on contracts). Many in management do not know how to team build and develop talent. Failure to promote a meritocracy. Also, the unavoidable of contract work, instability of contract work sometimes brings out the worst in co-workers by feeding their insecurities.

Advice to Management

It would not surprise me if the quality of your product will decline and suffer if you continue to only value the bottom line and not your employees as well. When your employees are more concerned with undercutting other employees that they see as competition than honing their individual technical skills and abilities, innovation and product quality suffers. In your effort to be competitive with other companies, you have promoted unhealthy competition within the individual teams that needs to work together. Intra-team competitiveness (vs. collaboration) is a cancer that is destroying the products and services you are suppose to be delivering. In summation, yes, you have a culture problem manifesting at the lowest levels (the worker bees) but originating at management levels that will impact your product/services.

2. "My Experience at GD."

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience with my team and I learned alot about systems that I have never worked with before.

Cons

Management support was hit or miss and often my concerns about the project went unheard. Basically we were told to just make things happen regardless of the concern.

Advice to Management

None