General Dynamics Information Technology - Past Experience | Glassdoor

"Past Experience"

Former Employee - Principal Field Technician in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Principal Field Technician in San Antonio, TX

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for; great people to work with; I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 years at General Dynamics; they even trained and sent me to school. I worked in 3 different areas and enjoyed all personnel all of the time. I still have friendships with some of the people I worked with even though I know live in a different city and state.

Cons

I really cannot remember any negatives except when the stock started falling and losing in the 401k area. I hope they make it easier to turn people around because one lady in Virginia Beach was moved twice and still could not get along with people.

Advice to Management

Utilize TQM. It is a great system and works well for everyone. I see it all the time that it can be very helpful to a a lot of companies especially companies that are stuck in the way they do things for example: my son works for an auto dealership and they are stuck in doing things one way and one way only and they fail miserable on a daily basis.

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

"Overall Pretty Good"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is better than average.

Cons

Beware of working for GD as a contractor. There is no guarantee the contract will last as long as they tell you it will.

Advice to Management

It all boils down to how well and how quick your workers line your pockets with no loyalty for the workers who go above and beyond to do an exceptional job.

2. "Please Read!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Benefits are OK not great. A lot of chances to get sent home.

Cons

1) Bad training
    2) Unorganized for new employees
    I returned for employment went through the whole process again and when I got to training nothing was set up for me! They forgot to pull up my old info and the trainer didnt even have the class set up! You get randomly sent home even if you don't sign up for it. Almost no room to move up and your never informed when there are opportunities and very poor supervision and management.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and quit