General Dynamics Mission Systems - If it weren't for the people I work with directly I'm not sure I would stay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Mission Systems

"If it weren't for the people I work with directly I'm not sure I would stay."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The people I work with. The programs I support.

Cons

The company as a whole doesn't seem to value the employees that aren't in management. Pay raises have been little to nil in the last couple of years.

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Mission Systems

"Not bad."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

Well, the pay wasn't bad, and it had a small company feel. I liked it, but I didn't stay there long enough to have a really informed opinion.

Cons

I guess the opposite side of the small company feel, is the stagnation. You didn't get a chance to cross train a great deal.

"Poor and Inefficient upper management has been the inherent culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Pros

Good name on a resume

Cons

No care for personal and family sacrifice to go beyond the job requirements to complete a project or bring in a sale. Usually a verbal "thank you" is considered sufficient without any mention in your record or yearly review. Instead, management looks for the negative aspects to support their meager sub 2% annual raise which is always below national inflation rate!
    Satcom has depended on Govt business in the past years as their main income and with the declining Govt business, there is no new hires for those good and wise employees who move on to greener pastures. Hence those left behind have to take up the slack and do more. Most empoyees would not have a problem doing this but with no acknowlegement or reward from management or managers who don't support and back up their employees, this only leads to bitterment and disgruntal. Unfortunately, the management don't get it or don't care. This has been the culture for decades.
    With the current unemployment rate and the poor economic situation, jobs are not plentiful out there. So a job with bad management is better than none at all. This is the only thing that Satcom has on their side that is preventing mass attrition.

Advice to Management

Won't give anything to those who don't listen or take care of their employees.