General Dynamics Mission Systems - A company that looks to the future and is always trying to improve | Glassdoor

"A company that looks to the future and is always trying to improve"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

I love working at GDMS as there are many opportunities to move both upwards and laterally. They are constantly looking for ways to get the employees more engaged and ensure that they are making positive movement from employee feedback. They also take care to ensure that they are not left behind from changes in technology and business and are always looking to adapt and be agile. I love that we help our war fighters... maintain a competitive advantage over their adversaries, and that our work can help keep them safe. They recently introduced a job rotation program which allows us to try out a new position if that's something that interests us. They also allow many positions opportunities to work from home which is very handy at times.

Cons

Sometimes it seems that the only way to really increase compensation is to switch positions. While pay increase is somewhat steady, it doesn't seem like much sometimes when inflation takes its toll. There are pockets of bad managers who demoralize their employees, however, the majority are good (which is rare in companies this size)

Advice to Management

Continue to find the mangers that are not doing a good job, and weed them out.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-11-11
  1. "Great Company"

Current Intern - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers Flexible Work Schedule Great compensation

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

General Dynamics Mission Systems2019-02-13
  2. "Normal corporate work schedule"

Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, lots of time off, flexible working schedule.

Cons

You’re just a number.... each day feels the exact same. Nothing exciting is going to happen. Very repetitive and standers corporate job

General Dynamics Mission Systems2019-09-02

Discover more reviews about General Dynamics Mission Systems.