General Dynamics Mission Systems - It was OK. Salary OK, but they reduce benefits frequently. There 6 years and only got 3 weeks of PTO. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Mission Systems

"It was OK. Salary OK, but they reduce benefits frequently. There 6 years and only got 3 weeks of PTO."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsfield, MA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the flex time. Every other Friday off! I enjoyed the work. Good fellow employees.

Cons

Bids are too low forcing people to work A LOT of unpaid OT. They take away benefits every year. After working there 6 years, I had the same amount of PTO as when I was hired (3 weeks). I wouldn't have gotten any more until I was there 10 years, and it would have only been two days more. Sad.

Advice to Management

You can't retain the younger crowd by limiting PTO and taking away benefits. Your people work hard for you, if you want to keep them, make it attractive.

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Mission Systems

"Great Company working with the Federal Government incapable of doing business in the real world."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of assets at your disposal, it was great to see the support for the first quarter with the company. It was some seriously strong Kool-Aid for that time.

Cons

Everything was reviewed like a federal project and no one knew how to make a decision. It was being run by a group of talented Fed Government guys that had no idea how to conduct business outside of those channels.

Advice to Management

Provide direction, support and let the talented professionals you hired succeed. The current CEO is doing a job that typically was handled by a 70 year old that was ready to retire. Cutting the workforce, getting out of adjacent growth markets and "back to basics approach" is not how you tun around a company who is completely dependent on the Federal Government and large programs for its existence. Government is changing and GD is not.

"Only value bottom-line. Corporate America at its worst."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diversified opportunities to work supporting federal government projects.

Cons

Can't determine how to expand their long-term vision beyond supporting current business. Management scared stiff, lack of people skills, lack of honesty and integrity within certain business units.

Advice to Management

Satisified employees will make it happen. So - satisfy your employees. Train your managers.