General Employment - General Employment works for me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Employment

"General Employment works for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

General Employment has given me the opportunity to fulfill all of my career aspirations. If you desire a job that allows you to perform sales, marketing and communication in 1 move, this is the place for you. Management support is very good and they allow unique ideas to be assessed. The ability to think "outside the box" has allowed me to professionally flourish. I highly advise a recruiter to look into job with this great company. I know I'll be here forever due to the salary, work schedule and support of upper management in theses times. Great job; great company.

Cons

Located in Scottsdale, its a hike for me. But thats my fault.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work

Other Employee Reviews for General Employment

"Recruiter"

I worked at General Employment full-time

Pros

Enjoyable work environment, other than that there was not much else

Cons

Lack of stability, little to no training provided, constant upper management shifting, each branch is like a revolving door.

"Columbus Location is Disapointing"

Pros

They do get you interviews for jobs with great titles. If I was actually able to interview for the position, from what I know about it, I would have been happy to get it.

Cons

I was not allowed to know any details about a position that they wanted me to interview for. After about 12 emails, I was finally able to get a 2 sentence description about the position. 13 minutes after receiving that in an email, I received a very unprofessional phone call from them. I was yelled at and insulted all because I wanted the information about the position before I scheduled the interview. When I told them that, they called my emergency contact for absolutely no reason. They had the information about the position, but they said that they weren't going to give me even a basic description of the position until 1 hour before the interview. I have never seen any company like General Employment do that, and I was not happy with how they handled the situation, so I will no longer do business with them.

Advice to Management

Allow the people who you are trying to find jobs for to know the details of the position when you get the details and not 1 hour before an interview. Not one person in the office at General Employment's Columbus office knows the ins and outs of computer networking. There is no reason for keeping this very basic information secret. Also, make sure that your employees can not abuse the emergency contact information to try to force someone to schedule an interview. They have also been very slow in finding positions for me (it took about 2 months just to hear anything). If they are understaffed, which they were, this needs fixed immediately if you want to keep people's business.

General Employment Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're disappointed we did not provide a better experience when you worked with our recruiters to find a new job. Your feedback gives us the ... More