General Employment - Not a place I would recommend | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Employment

"Not a place I would recommend"

Former Employee - Recruiter
Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Good at getting you to move out of your comfort zone and take action toward goals. Would stand over you and push you to make calls.

Cons

Very little support or training from management. Very much like a boiler room environment. Embarrassing when meeting with clients and someone would be yelling out an order or ringing a bell.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing employees and client relationships. Listen to your employees and have some flexibility with fees and guarantees.

Other Employee Reviews for General Employment

1. "My Second Time Around"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I have been working at General Employment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The training that is provided here is excellent and is the best basic and ongoing training that I have seen in over 25 years as a Recruiter.. The earnings potential is unlimited and the benefits are very good. . The atmosphere in the office is very positive and everyone on the team contributes to the Office's success.. This is my second time around with the Company and I am glad I came back.

Cons

This is a job that rewards you if you follow the basics and can handle rejection..

"I should've followed my instincts when reading the other bad reviews!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I worked at General Employment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do not feel this company has any pros to offer.

Cons

This company (Columbus, OH office), is a pure example of a Management/Employee situation, & management controlling every situation because of a TITLE! You are told up front that this is a "team", & it is anything but that! You are told when to send to emails, how to word things on the phone during "Power Hour" (which management doesn't even partake in), & you are expected to act as a robot & a liar to clients that come through the door. I was also not compensated with my commissions earned, even after payment had already been received by the company for my placement. The training was an absolute joke!

Advice to Management

ACT as a team player, don't just manage!