General Mills - Beware of offers to good to be true! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

"Beware of offers to good to be true!"

Former Employee - CMT in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - CMT in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at General Mills full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and retirement if you could stand to work there that long.

Cons

Everything I was told by human resources in Albuquerque was a lie. They brought hire groups in and gave them a realistic job preview and told us one pay system and then once people quit there jobs because it souinded great they found out that none of this was really true during there orientation. From the pay scale system to when I was able to get raised and how much they would be it was all lies. HR and the majority of support staff has little or no work experience, they hire people right out of college and put them in charge of people that have worked at plant for 20 years. Alumnism is out of control. Most frustrating job I ever had. Glad to be gone. They are now laying off people that have been at plant for 20 years and replacing them with lowered paid people doing the same job. I can't believe the rest of the company runs the way this plant does the General would be out of business.

Advice to Management

HR needs to be honest about salary. They have been telling lies to the last 3 hire groups to get people to accept positions. Morale is terrible. Before I left there was a lot of chatter about unionizing and if things don't change it will happen.

Other Employee Reviews for General Mills

"Good place to work, used to be better."

Former Employee - Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at General Mills full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, flexible hours, decent pay

Cons

after acquiring Pillsbury, it turned into just another big company. No longer loyal to employees, too many politics, no vision for the future.

Advice to Management

Get back to your family friendly ways. Be more involved and don't rely on your subordinates to give you all your information.

2. "Solid company that always intends to treat its employees well"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at General Mills full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

General Mills really does try to treat its employees well. Benefits at the main campus include infant care, dry cleaning service, full-service auto center & gas station, fitness center.

Cons

Networking and constantly cultivating advocates are critical to career success and growth. Individuals with support from leadership are promoted while those without such advocates are not, regardless of actual performance.