General Motors - A satisfying career with many opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

"A satisfying career with many opportunities."

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at General Motors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reasons for working at General Motors was the pay level. The pay was good although I worked many long hours. I was, however, compensated for overtime hours.

Cons

The culture at General Motors was large and slow moving. It was a challenge , at times, to try to accomplish ideas and projects. It would take time to move through channels to accomplish your goals.

Advice to Management

Give talented people the leeway to run with ideas to help the company.

Other Employee Reviews for General Motors

"Fun job and wide range of opportunities within your function"

Former Employee - Assistant Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Communications Manager

I worked at General Motors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits were good (including 18 paid holidays) with frequent raises, promotions or opportunities to move within the function, whether or not you have relevant experience. The jobs I had were always a lot of fun and I was friends with most of the people I worked with.

Cons

It was frustrating that they could take the same position and fill it with someone with a high level person with 20 years experience (and pay them for that) and then the next moment fill the same position with someone with hardly any experience at a much lower level and pay band. It doesn't make sense that level and compensation varys so much when the job description and requirements remain the same throughout.

"50/50"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at General Motors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, work hours seem to be flexible. Okay benefits, everyone has access to company cars. Reallocation package is nice.

Cons

Very unstructured, everyone here is new so there really aren't many people to go to for help with BASIC things. I'm fresh out of college I want to be surrounded by people that can help me grown not a ton of other college hires. Too many people here lost and confused. If they offer you a job after one interview be cautious.

Advice to Management

Slow down. The waves of people being hired are too large, and the increments are too close together. This results in a ton of lost and confused people.