General Motors - I have loved every day of my 10 years working here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

"I have loved every day of my 10 years working here."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Detroit, MI

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Everyone is professional, friendly, and supportive in every aspect of life. I truly enjoy my job.

Cons

The only negative thing about working here is that I live in the suburbs of Detroit and it is a long drive every day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Since bankruptcy we are on the right track, moving fast, and making a difference. General Motors is the World Class Leader for Automobiles! We design, build and sell the world's best vehicles!

Other Employee Reviews for General Motors

1. "GMAM - A good stepping stone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Because it's small, you can get involved and learn about different things. Also, this provides you greater exposure to all management.

Cons

No incentives, rewards for good employees. Sometimes unrealistic in what they ask of you - don't always think through their action plans causing greater confusion and issues.

Advice to Management

Need to start figuring out how to keep the talent you have - Talent is what makes a company, no the other way around.

2. "Very Satisfied"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This company affords the opportunity to learnand contribute in the many functional areas (design, cost, purchasing, manufacturing, etc) and understand the orchestration of the functional areas and their roles in the total process of the vehicle--from a concept to the making.

Cons

It is a very large company and sometimes change can be slow, extremely slow. The cascading of communications can be inhibited due to all the levels of management and how the levels interpret and convey the message.

Advice to Management

The winning thesis for success needs to be clearly conveyed at all levels. Still too many chimneys and silos that operate in a vaccum.