Genesis HealthCare - Unorganized | Glassdoor

"Unorganized"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Boston, MA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a nursing job in a tight market. You will learn great time management skills. CNA's are good to work with.

Cons

Unorganized, high turnover rate for RN's, many empty supervisor positions, not enough staff. High patient to nurse ratio, Patient to CNA ratio.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff. If not another RN, at least another CNA per unit.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Nursing in WV unfair re: staffing and compensation"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in White Sulphur Springs, WV
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in White Sulphur Springs, WV

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits not bad, good medical and dental

Cons

mgmt gets bonuses, pay for RNs stays same after 4 yrs exp, so a RN with 4 yrs makes 24 dollars, same as RN with 25 yrs

Advice to Management

stop giving bonuses to mgmt to cut costs, keeps good help away

"WAS a great facility, now..."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hatboro, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hatboro, PA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

The co-workers who have stuck with the company are wonderful, most of them being LPN's... too bad the managements attitude towards them is "Your lucky to have a job" because they know they could have difficulty finding a job. Alot of those LPN's hold that place up. Twelve hour shifts are wonderful, I love having more days off. Most staff really do care about their job.

Cons

The main focus is the BUDGET, not the patients or staff... ALL about the budget; it's as if there is this agenda to try impress cooperate with how efficient they are. "You have to take lunch break, even if you don't take it we will not pay you for it" is what we are told. Never is there a THANK YOU for working short staffed. Con is having management take every dollar they can from you (Via injury due to workplace not being safe, vacation time, holiday pay)... ANY cent they can take off you they will. We will be forced to work short SEVERAL staff because they refuse to pay ANYONE a minute of overtime... being short staffed as we are ALOT of times is NOT SAFE, and they would laugh at us if we mentioned AGENCY. There is NO incentive to come work on your days off if they are short, because we all know if its a minute overtime they will just randomly cut 4 hours off one shift, 4 off another (Not hours you pick to be cut). There is just NO employee appreciation there, NONE at all.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees more. Show your face more, don't just sit in your offices all day. I can't even tell you what our administrator looks like. Go on the floor and actually witness what goes on... we are overworked, it's a TOUGH job we do for very little appreciation.