Genesis HealthCare - Former Sun HealthCare Employee, I'm not sure if Genesis is a better company yet | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Former Sun HealthCare Employee, I'm not sure if Genesis is a better company yet"

Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We haven't been with Genesis long enough to determine the pros and cons.

Cons

Some departments do not seem to be as important to Genesis as they were to Sun Healthcare

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"license risk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NC

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

If you can carve out a nano-second to actually talk to residents you will enjoy them. Some of the management level staff is supportive and willing to lend a hand but they are often as frustrated as the staff on the carts or floor. This leads to a very high turnover rate.

Cons

Nurses usually have more patient care than they can possibly accomplish in the time you are given yet you are " in trouble" if you work overtime for your shift .Some nurses seem to be solving this problem by signing for work not done. If you try to do things the right way you will be resented by those taking shortcuts. Just try telling one that you will not take a controlled substance that has been taped back into a card. I hate to write this review that might leave the residents with even less care but feel that something needs to be done as the current residents are at risk, High turnover with the DON position might make the management take a look at what is happening.

Advice to Management

You keep losing nurses because they feel they are unable to do a good job with the amount of work that is required. Good nurses like to feel that they are doing a good job. You need to higher more nurses and give them less residents to care for. Mandatory overtime/double shifts is risky to residents and no way to staff a facility. I stayed long enough to give Genesis and the new DON time to change things but was disappointed in their efforts.

2. "Good job security"

Current Employee - LNA in Franklin, NH
    Current Employee - LNA in Franklin, NH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

large company with easily possiblility to transfer from one facility to another

Cons

Very low yearly pay raise