Genesis HealthCare - bad office morale abundant | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"bad office morale abundant"

Current Employee - Rehab Tech in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Rehab Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

full health care and free internet access

Cons

everything to do with expansion and being to big with to small of a manangement

Advice to Management

hire more competent management personnell

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

1. "Rehab Technician"

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Technician in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Technician in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Genesis HealthCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offered health insurance, dental, and vacation. Chance to work around physical therapists if you are looking to go into Physical Therapy itself.

Cons

Spread waaaay to thin. What I mean by this is that the Physical Therapists have to cover 4 locations at minimum and always seem to be staying way past normal hours, without compensation for their time. Management is consistently up their ass to increase productivity and it seems that in the environment we were at it was impossible. Their is definitively a lot of negative talk about the company, but the overall the other employees and my manager were great people.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have an understanding of the work environment in the corporate office.

"A Company Full of Double Standards & Liars"

Former Employee - STNA in Swanton, OH
    Former Employee - STNA in Swanton, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were lots of updated equipment and remodels to rooms and bathrooms. There were only a few employees that were helpful and kind.

Cons

Oh goodness where to begin? Iv never in my life had so many issues with an employer. First of all, during the interview process they outright lie and fabricate almost everything when it comes to caring about their employees. In reality they are nothing more than mules pulling the proverbial cart. Often given more than can be done in a set amount of hours. If they tell you "We would rather an employee stay home sick than come in sick." don't believe it for a minute! They don't care if someone is half dead, if they are breathing and can walk they are forced to stay. Nevermind that half the residents refuse their care to a sick person. They are told to "just get it done" when the patient or resident becomes excessively combative, or refuses time and time again. Half the time your so busy you never get a lunch break. Basically they paint a fake portrait over the real mural of what really goes on. Not to mention the outright entitlement complexes of just about everyone. People are snobs. If you call in sick for one day they talk about you and tell the boss to fire you even though those are the very same people who call off the first chance that they get. Scheduling is ridiculous. They take random names and stick them wherever they can without days being too clustered together. It isn't thought out at all. It is often messed up. There's a reason some companies have a big turnout. Always be wary and stay away from companies like that.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Screw your vacation plans! Screw your child's soccer game! Get with the program and be the boss you always wanted to be! You want us to respect you and like you? Make us believe it!