Genesis HealthCare - Way too many expectations without enough staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Way too many expectations without enough staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some very nice people to work with. Good education on State regulations and continuing education.

Cons

Need more staffing. . Poor health benefits. Coddle long term employees.

Advice to Management

Make sure all employees held up to same standards. Stop making excuses for èmployees who are not doing their part. Stop Belittling and making fun of employees when they are not present. Needs to be more professional.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

1. "PTA for 14 years, worked for Genesis for one year and had been trying to get on with this company for awhile."

Current Employee - PTA in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - PTA in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with time off and scheduling. Good team players (but there is always that one...), great pay and above average benefits. They are the most patient first oriented rehab company I've ever worked for in 14 years. Documentation is excellent and completed on Itouch. Assistants at my facility do not do the progress notes, only the daily notes...of course this is not a pro for the PTs or the OTs.

Cons

There is no process of weeding out people who waste time and have low productivity. By weeding out I mean writing up an employee if he or she gets less that 30% below expected productivity. It is really easy where I work to get your expected productivity, and generally there are a few others that waste a lot of time with personal calls and chit chat which makes it harder for the rest of the team.

Advice to Management

Keep track of all your employees...offer bonuses to those who excel as therapists as well as those who excel in their productivity. Incentives as well as criticism.

"Registered nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer generous time off.

Cons

You can NOT USE your time off. even if you have permission.Nor can you " help the aides". Really This is what I Was told. Do not answer call lights or toilet pts.etc.or youwill be fired. Worst place I 've
    ever worked. Some of the licensed staff leave alot to be desired in the way of proffessionalism

Advice to Management

Some of us still believe in holistic nursing. Notice the revolving door.